January 29, 2007

Looking Forward

A drop of salt into a freshwater pond changes it fundamentally, altering its chemical composition and over time, even its eco-system. So too do experiences change our lives, altering our emotional and maturity compositions. My internship has definitely altered my mindset, bringing to focus both the harsh realities of working life and at the same time, how bliss can be found in little things that we often take for granted.

I think one of the utmost lessons I've learnt this summer is that working environment is extremely important. Have a good bunch of colleagues and you'll find that time passes really quickly and powerful synergy coarses through the veins of everyone. Thankfully, I haven't had the misfortune to experience the other end of the spectrum and pray that the next 3 weeks pass by as well as the previous 5 have gone. I'm thankful for Chee Han, possibly one of the best leaders I've ever worked under. Somehow he manages to combine ruthless efficiency with consideration for his subordinates in a blend which offends no one but gets the job done in time. It's something I'd do well to emulate, to learn from and I'm sure the daily morning cab ride conversations with him do no harm to that respect.

Normally, people attribute such good fortune to merely Luck or Fate. I'd like to think that there is a Being beyond our comprehension who controls and ensures that everything in life is for a purpose. And it's good to know that there's Someone out there who's always watching out for your interests no matter what the circumstances. It's a comforting thought but one which is hard to grasp in fast-paced, affluent Singapore. And that is also a reason why I've been considering migration as a viable option after my graduation.

Because when push comes to shove, God is more important than anything this world can offer me.

Labels:



Traveller fell apart at 2:39 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com