July 07, 2006

I'll Sing

Yes, I will. Even though the world may fall down around me, even if every surrounding pillar of support crumble to the ground and decimate my hopes for life. The tides of adversity may be shoring up every last crevice which the rays of sunlight creep through, but in all these I must acknowledge His sovereignty over the situation. In hardship, there must be a silent compliance with the existing order which has been set out since the beginning of time. This is something we as mankind fail to realise, that there is so much more out there than our personal lives, that we are but part of a greater picture which has been set in motion since the beginning of Creation.

Too many times we may have witnessed difficult circumstances befalling someone which results in their loss of faith or even anger towards God. It's easy, in dark times, to place the blame squarely on His shoulders, to ask why an omniscient, omnipotent being would allow tragedy to occur on His children. God Himself is a difficult concept to grasp, many fail to understand who He really is, how He works and whether He even exists. The Problem of Evil debate, so often labelled as a sticky point and forming the crux of an atheist attack on the fundamentals of Christianity; it's been playing on my mind alot for the past few days. Why did God allow such a thing? What are His plans for me in the future?

Ashamedly, I've only thought about God so much in times of adversity, and surrendered my will to Him in these circumstances. I've only fasted and prayed this much when I've been worried about my future prospects, about whether I'm going to be able to make ends meet after I graduate. But I think no matter what, God protects His children and somehow, someway, there will be a path carved out for me in this increasingly unforgiving world. I know that in my heart and I believe it.

Because for the first time in a long while, I have faith.

I have faith in Your miracles.


Traveller fell apart at 3:35 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com