October 15, 2004

Seeing Life Through God's View

I got a glimpse into the future today and I only have God to thank. Whilst on my way to Menzies' Building for my Political Science tutorial, a group of graduates donning their gowns and mortarboards gaily sauntered past me. The image immediately flashed through my mind ; in three years time, I'd want to be at the same place as they were. I'd want to be graduating in all splendour and I'd want my family and friends to be here to witness me in my hour of minute glory. I remember my teacher in college telling us that in order to succeed, we must "begin with the end in mind". So this is the end I want, I now have something to envision as my end. The focused energies slowly seep into my psyche, bringing with them renewed vigour and energy to deploy over this stressful exam period.

Of course, reliance on self is a fallacy I have discovered through these adolescent years. And it is in my post-adolescent years that I pray I will never walk into that quagmire again. I want to dedicate the exams and all my worries for them into the Lord's hands and yet, as humans we find ourselves unable to let go of what we deem as our personal business. I need to let go and yet, it is just so hard to commit my future and fate into the hands of an entity I can't see. But with sight does not come faith and of course I know and believe that God exists. Who wouldn't? After all the great things He has done for me, after learning about the many complications of our human brain, after witnessing how He changes lives how can I stand by and deny Him?

But it's more than just in studies. I know that somewhere down the road, I'd want to entrust to Him my relationships, my family, my job and most importantly, my fate in eternity. Yes, that's the most important thing. To know that God has reserved a special place for me in Heaven for all eternity. Nothing else quite matters if that special place doesn't exist. I think the fundamental question for all of us is "If you died today, how sure are you that you would end up in Heaven?" Food for thought, even though I know we have much to think about during this period. So let me just put it aptly with a song.

Jars Of Clay - I Need You

Strangely out of place
There is a light filling this room where
None would follow before

I can't deny it burns me up inside
I fan the flames to melt away my pride
Do I want shelter from the rain
Or the rain to wash me away


I need You, I need You, I need You
I need You, I need You, I need You
You're all I'm living for


I might sound like a fool
But I think I felt You moving closer to me


Face to the ground to hide the fatal cut
I fight the weight, I feel You lift me up
You are the shelter from the rain
And the rain to wash me away


Face to the ground to hide the fatal cut
I fight the weight, I feel You lift me up
I can't deny it burns me up inside
I fan the flames to melt away my pride
Only have a second to spare but
All the time in the world to know You're there
You are the shelter from the rain
And the rain to wash me away.


In this hour of need, Lord, do bless us all with the wisdom and calm demeanour in the exams itself. Do also grant us renewal every single night in Your presence as we pursue our studies through the day. Thank You.


Traveller fell apart at 1:49 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com