September 20, 2004

The lone figure gingerly stepped up to the parapet, feet quavering in the strong breeze. He was afraid of whom or what he might catch a glimpse of, images which he knew, could potentially scar him for life. Yet, there was an unknown force, pushing and prodding him ; urging him on even. Shuffling his feet, he began the slow and steady walk to the edge. Suddenly, the knees gave way and he sank down into a crumpled heap on the cold stone floor. Nevertheless, he felt driven on and attempted to use both arms in an effort to steer himself forward. Crawling. Struggling. Exhausted.

The scene outside was unbelievable. The sun seemed to have gone behind a cloud cover which seemed endless. He propped himself up on the railing and craned his neck in order to see further. The scene shocked him and he reeled back in utter disbelief. "No! What manner of abomination is this? Why have you brought me here? This is not the world I know!" Still, he felt the urging to study the scene carefully. And he did. Then it hit him. This WAS the world, seen through the eyes of God. Where every sin was magnified and scrutinised. As he surveyed the horrid expanse, lips began to quiver. Wives cheating on husbands, children not honouring their parents, friends deceiving one another, colleagues backstabbing each other... the list could go on. Yet deep down, he knew in his heart, this was the world he had grown up in. This was the World He Knew.

Collective Soul - The World I Know

Has our conscience shown?
Has the sweet breeze blown?
Has all the kindness gone?
Hope still lingers on
I drink myself of newfound pity
Sitting alone in New York City
And I don't know why


Are we listening
To hymns of offering?
Have we eyes to see
That love is gathering?
All the words that I've been reading
Have now started the act of bleeding
Into one...into one...


So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below
And I laugh at myself
While the tears roll down
'Cause it's the world I know
Oh it's the world I know


I drink myself of newfound pity
Sitting alone in New York City
And I don't know why..don't know why...


So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below
And I laugh at myself
While the tears roll down
'Cause it's the world I know
Oh it's the world I know


So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world belo
And I laugh at myself
While the tears roll down
'Cause it's the world I know
Oh it's the world I know.


Oh, it's the world I know too. The world we live in everyday.


Traveller fell apart at 11:01 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com