June 02, 2004

Friends are friends forever. That was the song playing while on the way home with Eugene and Terry in Ben's car. It was an appropriate song for an appropriate moment. We had just spent the entire night hanging out and having fun, basically just basking in each other's company. Mac, James and Kelvin joined us as well and we had a good time playing Rise Of Nations. Which brings me to my point. Over the years, I've had many friends from the various institutions I've been part of ; Pei Hwa Primary School, ACS(Independent), Pioneer Junior College and the SAF. None of the friendships formed during these times endured for a good part of my life. But in Ben, Terry, Mark and Eugene, I've had friends I can safely say have been with me both through thick and thin. Although Kelvin, James and Mac came much later in my life, they have definitely been welcome additions. And it's sad really, to be knowing that I'd be unable to enjoy their company in a month's time. These thoughts, coupled with my reluctance to leave both Stephanie and my family, have been plaguing me in recent months. But after hearing this song playing in Ben's car last night, perhaps it was an implicit message that I need not worry about losing these friendships because "a lifetime's not too long to live as friends".

Michael W. Smith - Friends Are Friends Forever

Packing up the dreams God planted
In the fertile soil of you
Can't believe the hopes he's granted
Means a chapter in your life is through
But we'll keep you close as always
It won���t even seem you've gone
'cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

Chorus:
And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends.

With the faith and love God's given
Springing from the hope we know
We will pray the joy you'll live in
Is the strength that now you show

But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

Chorus


Traveller fell apart at 3:50 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com